HVAC Mechanical Service Pipe Fitter
Scope of Work: Maintain and repair mechanical systems for heating, cooling and refrigeration. Most equipment is located outdoors.
Areas of Work: Residential (Houses), Commercial (Office Buildings, Warehouses, Grocery Stores, Restaurants, Ice Rinks & Hospitals) Industrial (Oil Refineries, Nuclear Plants, Steel Mills & Factories).
Length of Apprenticeship:
Five (5) years - 1100 classroom hours.
1st and 2nd Year An Apprentice works for a Union contractor four days per week and attends school one day per week (7:00a.m.-3:30p.m.).
3rd & 4th Year An Apprentice works for a Union contractor and attends school one day (7:00a.m.-3:30p.m.) every other week.
5th Year An Apprentice works for a Union contractor for the full year. All training is “on the job”.
1. Applicant must be an American citizen or in the process of naturalization.
2. Applicant must be at least 17 years of age (Age as shown by a birth certificate).
3. Applicant must submit a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
4. Applicant must be physically able to perform the duties of the trade.
5. Applicant must pass a written test and oral interview.
6. Applicant must pass two drug tests (Hair follicle & urinalysis).
7. Applicant must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
8. Work experience in construction or working with mechanical equipment is helpful, but not necessary for acceptance.
Recommended Preparatory Courses:
1. General Mathematics
4. Basic Electricity
5. Basic Refrigeration and Heating
6. Computer Skills
7. Communication & Writing Skills
An Apprentice earns a percentage of the Journeyman’s wage.
1. Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
3. Voluntary 401(K) Plan
Applications are available on the First Wednesday of each month from 8 a.m. to 12:00p.m. (Noon)
Pipe Fitters’ Training Ctr. L.U. 597
10850 W. 187th St.
Mokena, Il. 60448
Contact- Adam Sutter, email@example.com