Individuals interested in applying to Local Union 597’s apprenticeship program can find information in the tabs to the left. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the Admissions Director, Adam Sutter at the Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process is lengthy. It begins with the applicant attending one of the Application Days held on the first Wednesday of the month. The full process is as follows:
- Individuals interested in the apprenticeship attend one of the “Application Days” held by the Training Center.
- The requirements to apply:
- Applicant must be an American citizen or in the process of naturalization.
- Applicant must submit a birth certificate (must be 17 years old).
- Applicant must submit a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. (H.S. Seniors may submit an “on track” letter from the High School)
- Transcripts stating the date of graduation are an acceptable replacement for a high school diploma.
- Applicant must submit a copy of their driver’s license.
- Pay a $20.00 application fee at the time of application.
- At the completion of the application, the individual will receive a Personal Experience Form (PEF). The PEF is to be completed off site. Once the PEF is returned to the Training Center, either in person or US Postal Service (certified mail is suggested), and is verified complete, the applicant will be sent an examination date via US Postal Service certified mail/return receipt.
2. Aptitude Test
- Applicants are tested by a third party. (currently GAN Human Resources).
- Study guides are available at the time of application for $15.00.
- The test is given in 5 sections.
- Numerical Comprehension.
- Numerical Reasoning.
- Bennett Mechanical Aptitude.
- 3D Visualization.
- Applicants are given a date/time to return to the Training Center to pick up their test scores.
3. Score pick up
- Applicants testing above the cut score are then eligible for the apprenticeship progam.
- Applicants testing below the cut score are not eligible, and may re-apply in the following quarter.
- Applicants will be placed on a two-year waiting list for acceptance
- Building Trades Applicants are eligible for the Hybrid Program.
- Apprentice classes & size are determined by the J.A.T.C. & M.C.A. as needed.
- Acceptance letters are sent via certified mail.
- Applicant must be physically able to perform the duties of the trade.
- Applicant must pass two drug tests (Hair follicle & urinalysis).
- Applicant must have reliable transportation.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which they reside.
To all applicants:
Please note that it is your responsibility to keep the Training Center informed of any changes to personal information. You may do this via e-mail at email@example.com, U.S. Mail, or in person. Changes by telephone are not accepted.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Admissions Director, Adam Sutter at the training center via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.